So glad you stopped by!
I’m Melissa, I work as an artist based in the Seattle area and specifically work in nonprofits. I started this blog a while ago for fun, and am trying to get consistent with posting…so bear with me!! Being a creative, and perfectionist, I really want to have posts that are interesting, visual and inspiring. So if I don’t post super regularly, I apologize, I just might not have all that much to say at that time. Anyway, here is a bit more about me!
- If you could give one piece of advice what would it be? Learn to see things through understanding, forgiving and gracious eyes. Growing up I always thought I was really understanding, but it wasn’t until the end of college that I really focused on dropping my pre-conceived ideas about people, lifestyles, imagery, acts, etc and started to truly see life and the world in color and with love. Though you may not always see eye to eye with everyone, the language of love and understanding transcends any misunderstanding. Love wins.
- If you could have a room filled with any one thing, what would it be? Yikes! That’s a total tough one! If it had to be a particular item I would say blankets. I LOVE curling up in a blanket. However, if we are talking about an ideal I’d say I would love to be in a room filled with all sorts of things to create DIY projects. I love getting crafty and creative!
- What do you value most in other people? I would say people’s hearts. But I think everyone does that, so besides their hearts, I really value people’s selflessness. But overall, I really enjoy seeing the different qualities of each person.
- If you could only see in black and white except for one color, what would that color be? I’m going to have to go with yellow. It’s the color of the sun, its bright, cheery, happy and warm. I love warm.
- If you could change on thing about yourself, what would it be? My sweet tooth. It gets me into trouble. I love anything with sugar….especially chocolate. (But really, I’m talking anything!)
- If you could choose one personality trait to pass on to your children, what would it be? Well to pass it on that would mean it is one that I personally have….so, I would say my imagination! Growing up I always played pretend and I had (and still do have) a very large and wild imagination. So the ability to be imaginative and creative!
- What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail? I would start my own organization and do something that would help those in need around the world.
- If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? Oooh! This one is fun! I am always really drawn to exotic or unique names. I hate that there are a million and one Matthews and Sarahs out there! So, I would change it to something different…I’m not sure what.
- What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? Well in all honesty, I really wasn’t that bad of a kid. I never skipped school, never failed a class, never did drugs, never did crazy things. The things I got in trouble for were usually that my skirt was too short, my shirt was too short, I had on too much makeup…..and usually my sister told on me :)
A bit more about my personal life: I am married to the most wonderful man in the word, Nathon, who is a graphic designer as well. We have two baby kitties named Mila (she’s not a baby anymore) and Akira (who is still a baby,) and a puppy (again, not really a puppy) named Ozzy. We love our cute little family! I love to travel, cook and do DIY projects! My husband will tell you that I am obsessed with every holiday, in particularly Christmas, and go all out decorating! I love taking part in seasonal activities, such as going to the pumpkin patch and chopping down our Christmas tree. My husband and I got married on January 12, 2013, just one week short of our two years of dating! We are very blessed, and I couldn’t be happier!
Thanks so much for stopping by my site!